Table Games Assistant Manager
Reporting to the Table Games Shift Managers, the Table Games Assistant Shift Manager will assist in leading the floor install for the grand opening as well as the ongoing operation of table games
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school) or 3-5 years equivalent training/experience preferred.
- Minimum of five years table games experience with progressive supervisory/management experience required.
- Literate and fluent in English
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with employees at all levels
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Computer literacy
- Ability to handle complex and emotional issues
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always leads by example
- Adheres to all regulatory, company and department policies and procedures
- Must project professionalism and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional appearance
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for supporting the Table Games Shift Manager in all departmental initiatives related to the casino grand opening including hiring, training, and process/procedure development.
- Responsible for assisting in leading the Table Games operation post opening.
Maintains working knowledge of all local jurisdictional gaming laws (federal, state, and local) and attendant regulations as well as company internal controls.
- Manages all operations and personnel on assigned shift.
- Coaches direct reports in pertinent skills of operations, marketing, administration and promotes effective utilization of equipment, manpower and floor space.
- Effectively executes strategies in support of business objectives. Sets high personal standards for performance and encourages others to do the same.
- Continually follows up and evaluates the status of daily work and strategic projects.
- Authorizes guest comps to recognize loyal players in accordance with company guidelines.
- Ensures all guests problems are handled quickly to ensure guest satisfaction within the established guidelines.
- Identifies and anticipates problems through logical and analytical thought processes.
- Ensures the proper issuance of casino credit, front money and chip advances
- Develops new gaming guests through personal contact with Player Development, Marketing and the Total Rewards Center.
- Monitors wage and salary costs to maintain proper margins in relation to business volume.
- Plans and approves employee scheduling to assure proper staffing to meet business demands.
- Establishes and maintains departmental procedures that will assure proper protection of all gaming operations from loss due to mistake or theft.
- Informs Shift Manager and Surveillance team of unnatural or irregular play.
- Proactively recognizes, rewards and celebrates outstanding examples of employee performance.
- Counsels, guides and instructs assigned personnel in the performance of their duties.
- Any and all other job duties as assigned
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
Must be able to lift 50lbs.
Must be able to maneuver in and around casino and public areas.
Must be able to work independently.
Must be able to sit, stand or walk for long periods of time (4 hours).
Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions, when handling employee conflicts.
Must be able to maneuver throughout all areas of the property and from floor to floor either by stairways (minimum of 20 steps) or escalator.
Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.; and, have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop and kneel.
Responds to visual and aural cues.
Must have the manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office equipment.
Must be able to tolerate areas containing dust, loud noises and bright lights.
Must be able to work varied shifts, weekends and holidays as needed.
Must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes