Marketing Operations Manager
Manages and directs the Casino Hosts and Caesars Rewards/Bus team members. Supports brand/property strategy executing flawless service to all guests.
Casino Marketing: Develops, implements, manages and coordinates the development of mid and premium level players. Ensures the growth of gaming revenues through flawless execution of all the functions performed in the Casino Host Department.
Caesars Rewards/Bus Program: Responsible for all aspects of the player card, player tracking and the Bus Program.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and four to six years of specialized experience in casino operations preferred.
- Marketing management or related experience required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Two years of experience in marketing, database utilization and tracking systems as well as experience managing multiple projects.
- Working knowledge of the system programs/technology related to Caesars Rewards, player tracking, CMS, WINet etc. is preferred.
- Proven supervisory skills, primarily in the management of a large staff, required.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Evaluates customer segmentation models for growth opportunities in trips, customer win, customer acquisition by segment or game preference.
- Handles special needs of premium players.
- Works with Database Marketing, Events & Promotions, Planning & Analysis and directs the Casino Hosts in managing, planning and scheduling of visits to the casino by individuals and groups of new or established mid to premium level gaming customers.
- Supports and supervises the acquisition and retention of mid and premium level players through the Casino Host Incentive Plan. Plans and establishes quotas; manages hosts to meet goals/quotas.
- Analyze department expenses and customer development efforts to ensure maximum profitability.
- Hosts and entertains VIP players at special events and functions.
- Arranges special services for qualifying customers, including air and ground transportation, hotel accommodations, tours, and green fees / tee times.
- Supervises day to day operation of the Casino Host, and Caesars Rewards/Bus teams.
- Responsible for Caesars Rewards customer service scores, constantly raising the bar of service delivery.
- Works closely with DM/Advertising/Promotions & Events Manager to coordinate logistical support.
- Analyzes P&L reports and recommend actions.
- Develops and maintains policies, procedures and standards for the Casino Marketing, and Caesars Rewards/Bus departments.
- Works a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays. Works a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
Additional Job Duties:
- Coordinates marketing research and analysis projects with Marketing, including the compilation of customer and market data in the preparation of various financial and statistical reports.
- Develops short and long range marketing plans to increase Harrah’s share of the mid to premium level gaming markets.
- Contacts and entertains potential gaming customers, promoting and selling the attributes of the facility and area.
- Manages all off property VIP events and promotions.
- Supports cross property visitation and brand efforts with our VIP and AEP customers and assists in meeting property import/export goals.
- Manages all cross property (import/export) groups.
- Responsible for the execution of all aspects of the Caesars Rewards Program, including coupon and property promotional redemptions.
- Demonstrates superior customer service skills and reinforces our Customer Satisfaction Assurance objectives through training, coaching and guest interactions.
- Promotes all marketing programs and ensures that staff produces results against goals and measurements with program initiatives, including events, new acquisitions, Caesars Rewards enhancements and promotions.
- Evaluates competition and industry changes that may affect the market.
- Adheres to all Caesars Rewards policies and procedures as outlined in various program related manuals.
- Responsible for training presentations on Caesars Rewards.
- Attends Caesars Rewards corporate teleconferences/meetings.
- Oversees controls of Caesars Rewards inventory and equipment.
- Promotes departmental efficiency and effectiveness by staffing Caesars Rewards area commensurate with customer volume.
- Issues customer comps and offers as necessary through CMS within authorized program guidelines.
- Fosters creations of customer development culture throughout the casino through strategic efforts and teamwork.
- Works with Casino Operations to ensure that our products are producing well and are competitive or premium to the market.
- Works with Casino Operations to determine optimum service experience systems are in place for VIPs.
- Maintains and submits required records and reports for Casino Marketing, Bus and Caesars Rewards.
- Manages vendor relationships within the regulatory environment.
- Manages and oversees bus line, charter and driver scheduling.
- Adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Acts as role model and always presents self as a credit to Harrah’s; encourages others to do the same.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Interviews and selects employees for the department.
- Manages long term finances, including budget preparation, capital expenditures and analysis of financial performance.
- Maintains a highly professional work environment, yet fosters a positive and fun environment for employees to grow, ensuring fairness and consistency.
- Administers department policies and procedures. Strives to improve and streamline departmental operations through the continuous assessment of policies and procedures, work process and program effectiveness/value.
- Supervises employee training and development; identifies and counsels employees on career opportunities; reviews employee performance and administers discipline, taking appropriate action in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Prepares and coordinates the delivery of Performance Appraisals to assigned personnel.
- Responsible for maintaining operations within approved budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment involving constant public contact.
- Must be able to respond to speech, touch, visual, and aural cues.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.
- Must be able to maneuver to all assigned areas of the casino.
- Must be able to lift up to 10lbs. and carry objects weighing up to 10lbs.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondary smoke, high noise levels, bright lights and dust.
- Must have the manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office equipment.
- Must be able to respond calmly and handle multiple customer demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work long hours any day of the week and be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to handle more than one function at a time by being well organized and by paying attention to details.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.