Directs and coordinates activities of up to 12 employees on 3 shifts engaged in repair, maintenance, and installation of machines and equipment, and in maintenance of buildings, grounds, and utility systems.
High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum of 4 years’ supervisory experience; 2 years as a supervisor or manager in a Facilities department
Ability to work with internal management and staff, as well as, outside support to develop and maintain a continuing atmosphere of peak guest and employee comfort and safety.
Excellent interpersonal, customer service, communication, team building and problem-solving skills are required.
Must be able to handle demanding situations and be willing to work any shift and long hours when necessary.
Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
Must present a well-groomed appearance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Reviews job orders to determine work priorities. Schedules repair, maintenance, and installation of machines and equipment to ensure continuous productive operations.
- Directs maintenance activities on utility systems to provide continuous supply of heat, air, electricity, water, or gas required for operations. Develops preventive maintenance program.
- Reviews quality control and maintenance reports and statistics to play and modify maintenance activities.
- Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards.
- Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and materials.
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies required for operations. Directs training of workers to improve work performance.
- Assigns work duties, reviews work performance, recommends employee actions regarding hiring, promotions, performance, demotions, disciplinary actions, and terminations.
Works a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
Works a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to move in and around the casino floor. Must be able to respond calmly and handle many customers’ demands in a fast paced environment.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must be able to work independently.
Must be able to respond to calmly and make rational decisions, when handling guest and employee conflicts.
Must be capable of maneuvering for prolonged periods of time.
Responds to visual and aural cues.
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Must be able to stoop, bend, as well as, maneuver up and down stairs.
Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Must have the manual dexterity to grab, grip, type, pull, hold, tear, sort, reach, and file appropriate paperwork.
Must be able to operate the following equipment: computer, telephones, fax, and copy machine.
Must possess the coordination and dexterity to work with sweeper, high-pressure steamer, company vehicles, front loaders, manlifts, backhoes, and other necessary equipment.
Must be able to perform physical and mental duties of engineering personnel.
Must be able to recognize and respond to individuals with their questions.
Must be able to learn and retain locations, operation and repair procedures of this property’s mechanical systems, equipment and life safety system.
Must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke, dust and bright lights.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes