The Accountant is responsible for assisting in the preparation, review, and analysis of financial statements and various reconciliations.
Degree in accounting or finance preferred.
Strong working knowledge of GAAP.
Experience in financial reporting and general ledger environment required.
Familiarity of financial systems.
Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Access software required.
Essential Job Functions:
Reconciles bank accounts and supports cash management functions.
Actively participates in the month-end closing process.
Prepares month-end journal entries.
Work with department leaders to ensure financial statements are accurate.
Completes balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis and researches all variances.
Reconciles and tracks capital projects and fixed assets.
Supports areas of accounts payable, inventory, and payroll.
Produce daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as requested by the Accounting Manager.
Assists with internal and external audits.
Assists in special projects as required.
Adheres to regulatory, departmental, and company policies.
Other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to continuously maneuver around office, effectively work at a desk and respond to written and aural cues.
- Must have the manual dexterity to operate the computer and other necessary office equipment.
- Must be able to respond calmly to demands of internal customers and work in pressure situations.
- Must work some weekends, holidays and late schedules when needed.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be self-motivated and able to handle more than one function at a time by being well organized.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes