Count Room Supervisor
Supervises the overall personnel and operation of the Count and Drop Team while providing a positive work environment, encouraging teamwork and cooperation within the department.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Adding machine, computer terminal operation, and currency counting machine skills helpful.
Basic mechanical (repair) ability preferred.
Prior supervisory experience is preferred.
Prior count room or money handling experience (casino or bank) is preferred.
Must be able to work all shifts.
Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
Must present a well-groomed appearance.
Must be able to read and write English.
Essential Job Functions:
- Sorts, counts, and records contents of table game drop boxes, bill changers and currency drop boxes, according to set procedures.
- Supervises overall operation of Count Room Department personnel.
- Evaluates and counsels as needed, direct reports and other employees in order to maintain and enhance operations of the Count Rooms.
- Adheres to compliance of all gaming regulation and any other governmental agencies where applicable.
- Compares information contained in drop boxes to data stored on computer terminal.
- Responsible for daily reports, minor repairs and maintenance of count room equipment.
- Responsible for general upkeep of count rooms and ordering.
- Acts as a role model; always presenting oneself as a credit to Harrah's and encouraging others to do the same.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Spends the majority of time interviewing, training, tracking performance and selecting employees
Conducts Performance Reviews
Makes or recommends wage increases
Makes or recommends promotions
Provides for safety and security
Handles employees' complaints or grievances
Recommends disciplinary action or disciplines employees
Supervises and monitors work
Monitors legal compliance with federal, state, and gaming laws
Works a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
Works a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to maneuver in and around all count rooms.
- Must be able to respond calmly in crisis and stressful situations, including employee conflicts.
- Must be able to perform the job duties of hard count and soft count team members.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and carry up to 75 pounds of boxes filled with currency.
- Must be able to grip objects and have good finger movement when counting and handling currency.
- Must be able to differentiate denominations of chips and authenticity of currency.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods.
- Must be able to operate a computer, ten key adding machine, and money counter.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, kneel, twist as necessary.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing but not limited to second hand smoke, high noise levels, bright lights and dust.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes