Cage Cashier Supervisor
Supervises the overall personnel and operation of the Cage on an assigned shift in the absence of the Cage Cashier Manager. Provides a positive work environment, encouraging teamwork and cooperation within the department, and other departments. Protects company assets while dealing with the public in an efficient and courteous manner. Cashes negotiable instruments, cashes-in chips, sells or buys coin, orders and receives cash/coin from Bank, assists customers to establish check cashing limits.
High school graduate or GED is required,
Experience in casino cashier/credit areas is required.
Minimum of two years of experience as a Cage Cashier, with experience in all phases of the Cage operation required.
Prior experience in a supervisory capacity preferred.
Must have good math skills.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Must have proven self as a good communicator, mediator and decision-maker.
Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
Ability to work closely with co-workers within the cashier department as well as all other departments
Excellent organizational skills
Must have excellent guest and human relations skills. Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
Must present a well-groomed appearance.
Essential Job Functions:
Performs banking activities for this property, including processing of checks, markers, etc; purchasing of currencies/coins as needed.
- Supervises overall operation of Cashier Department personnel in the absence of the Cashier Shift Manager
- Ensures excellent guest courtesy and satisfaction.
- Resolves disputes with guests when applicable.
- Establishes check-cashing limits.
- Recommends procedure changes that ensure proper accountability for gaming guests.
- Adheres to compliance of all gaming regulation and any other governmental agencies where applicable.
- Provides assistance to other departments where cashiering and credit experience may be applicable.
- Evaluates and counsels as needed, direct reports and other employees in order to maintain and enhance operations of the Cashier Department.
- Acts as a role model; always presenting oneself as a credit to Harrah's and encouraging others to do the same.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Responsible for interviewing, training, and selecting employees
Conducts Performance Reviews
Makes or recommends wage increases
Makes or recommends promotions
Provides for safety and security
Handles employees' complaints or grievances
Recommends disciplinary action or disciplines employees
Supervises and monitors work
Monitors legal compliance with federal, state, and gaming laws
Works a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
Works a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items while working at assigned area.
- Must have the manual dexterity and coordination to operate equipment, not limited to a 10 key adding machine, PC computers, fax machine and photo copier.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing but not limited to second hand smoke, high noise levels, bright lights and dust.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes