The Audit Supervisor is responsible for supervising daily auditing processes and evaluating gaming operation procedures against internal control standards required by the National Indian Gaming Commission and Buena Vista Gaming Authority.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Degree in accounting or finance preferred.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience in gaming and non-gaming audit functions.
- Knowledge of casino regulatory requirements.
- Familiarity of casino management systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Access software required.
- Ability to use technical and complex auditing software.
Essential Job Functions:
- Validates existing departmental policy and procedures are in-line with existing internal controls.
- Ensures audit team produces accurate and timely audits that are required in the gaming and non-gaming areas.
- Works with department leaders to identify training opportunities to reduce the frequency or trend in audit exceptions.
- Assists with internal and external audits.
- Models a passion for the company’s Mission, Vision, and Values as well as inspires team members to do the same.
- Actively participates in interviewing, training, and the selecting of employees for the department.
- Consistently coaches and develops team members by utilizing the Get, Guide, and Root behaviors.
- Conducts performance reviews in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Recommends wage increases and promotions.
- Effectively manages employee labor through efficient scheduling and staffing to business demand.
- Assists in annual departmental budget preparations.
- Assists in special projects as required.
- Adheres to regulatory, departmental, and company policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to maneuver around various areas throughout the casino.
- Must be able to operate a ten-key adding machine, a computer keyboard, and a small electronic device for storing meter readings.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time and view information displayed on a computer screen.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items while working at assigned desk area.
- Must have the manual dexterity to operate office equipment.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes