Security Shift Supervisor
Supervises, trains, and coordinates Security staff to ensure compliance with all related policies. Responsible for the supervision of a team of Security and Guest Safety Officers on a particular shift. Provides a safe environment for all guests and employees.
- Must possess skills in investigation, as well as knowledge of gaming regulations and company internal controls.
- Previous security experience is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Must have excellent supervisory and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess excellent customer and employee relations skills.
- Must be able to obtain Alcohol Awareness, First Aid and CPR certifications.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must have valid California Driver’s License with no DUIs or Suspensions within the last three years.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the safety and well-being of guests, fellow employees and others on property.
- Efficiently manages personnel and resources ensuring that all property Policies and Procedures are followed completely.
- Ensures all reports and correspondence are properly completed in a timely manner throughout the department.
- Answers telephones using the proper telephone etiquette and dispatches to the appropriate departments.
- Controls responding forces and handles emergencies using the proper method, while simultaneously using the correct safety procedures.
- Performs all duties of a Security Officer as needed.
- Determines personnel requirements on a daily basis to accommodate property peak hours.Supervises and monitors entire Security staff assigned to shift.
- Holds roll call, plans duties and make assignments at the beginning of shift.
- Sets standards, trains and evaluates subordinates in a consistent and tactful manner.
- Continually evaluates subordinates for alertness, appearance and proper performance of duties.
- Supervises and conducts on the job training for all new officers assigned to their shift.
- Checks all reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Reports all unsafe conditions which have been identified to the Director and Risk Management as needed.
- Briefs the Director on all matters that should be called to the Director's attention.
- Briefs the Director on all incidents and any pertinent information occurring on the previous shift.
- Responds to all fire alarms and other emergencies on property. Renders assistance to Executives and supervisors.
- Schedules personnel for special events.
- Schedules vacations and any replacements that are needed.
- Verifies and approves all trespass warnings and detentions.
- Investigates complaints about Security from guests, department heads, etc.
- Interviews and selects new employees
- Writes and delivers Performance Reviews
- Makes or recommends wage increases
- Makes or recommends promotions
- Disciplines subordinates when necessary.
- Handles employees' complaints or grievances, ensuring chain of command is followed
- Recommends disciplinary action or disciplines employees
- Ensures that all monetary transactions handled by security personnel are in compliance with state gaming rules and regulations.
- Monitors legal compliance with federal, state, and gaming laws
- Performs any and all duties and tasks delegated by the Director of Security.
- Helps ensure the safety and security of the property
- Works a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Works a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to work and stand inside and outside, sometimes in heat in excess of 115 degrees or cold as low as 10 degrees.
- Must be able to physically restrain adults in excess of 200 pounds.
- Must be able to respond calmly in crisis and stressful situations.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, jump, twist, crouch, grip, and carry heavy loads and maneuver quickly on level surfaces, as well as up and down stairs.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 60 pounds.
- Must be able to push or pull up to 150 pounds.
- Must be able to make rational decisions when handling guest and employee issues.
- Must be able to see as well as remember the specific details of incidents and persons.
- Must be able to give court testimony when necessary and write detailed reports.
- Responds to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke, high noise levels, bright lights and dust.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes