PLEASE NOTE: HIRE DATE FOR THIS POSITION IS 03/01/2019
Protects assets and maintains the integrity of the company using CCTV (Closed Circuit Television) and floor observations. Provides a safe environment for our employees and guests.
- Previous Surveillance experienced preferred, but not required.
- A thorough working knowledge of all casino games is preferred with an emphasis on payoffs, odds, procedures and game protection.
- Must possess excellent customer service, communication, and organizational and writing skills.
- A working knowledge of Gaming Control Board Regulations is preferred.
- Must be able to work any day of the week and any shift.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must have basic computer operational skills.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Must possess a good math aptitude.
Note: Interested applicants cannot have any relatives working in any cash handling, casino, or guest-related position at Harrah’s Northern California.
Essential Job Functions:
- Operates all surveillance equipment, including but not limited to: Monitors, switchers, computers, controllers and cameras.
- Provides CCTV and personal observations of all departments and applicable job functions to assure compliance with established laws, regulations, policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Works a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Works a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to sit or stand for long hours observing numerable CCTV screens in a small room or area.
- Must be able to work and maneuver in close quarters.
- Must be able to respond calmly in crisis and stressful situations.
- Must be able to see and also remember the specific details of incidents and persons.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to operate the following equipment: Monitors, switches, computers, controllers, and cameras.
- Must be able to give court testimony when necessary and write detailed reports.
- Must be able to change shifts on short notice.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke, high noise levels, bright lights and dust.
- Must be able to work in a low light environment
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes