Guest Safety Officer
To provide superior service to guests by seeking opportunities to be of service, maintaining highly visible patrols to ensure a safe gaming experience, and assuring quality support to other departments so they may serve guests more effectively.
- High school diploma or equivalent and one year’s experience in a position with direct guest contact required.
- Must possess excellent customer and employee relations skills.
- Must be able to work any day of the week and any shift.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Must be able to successfully complete the Security Service Officer Documentation Assessment.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Able and willing to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must have valid California Driver’s License with no DUIs or Suspensions within the last three years. Cannot have more than two moving vehicle violations within the last three years.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the safety and well-being of guests and fellow employees
- Complies with “EGE” (Everyone Greets Everyone) and “Own It” programs.
- Patrols all sections of the property to identify safety hazards and breaks in security.
- Provides assistance to civil and law enforcement authorities including testimony in court and other administrative hearings.
- Assists guests with all lost and found requests.
- Enforces all company policies and procedures.
- Complies with policies regarding attendance guidelines, all regulatory guidelines, departmental policies and procedures, and company policies.
- Assists injured guests and applies first aid as necessary until professional help arrives.
- Checks identification of guests to ensure that only those 21 years of age and older are in the gaming areas, bars, and venues.
- Escorts employees with assets and sensitive keys.
- Monitors and observes the casino, parking lots, and all casino property areas for disturbances, crime, fire hazards, and undesirable persons and then reports these issues to a Security Supervisor.
- Completes written reports as assigned.
- Carries chips and paperwork to and from the Table Games and Cashier areas.
- Observes and verifies slot drop transactions.
- Works a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Works a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to work and stand inside and outside, sometimes in heat in excess of 115 degrees or cold as low as 10 degrees.
- Must be able to physically restrain adults who weight more than 200 pounds.
- Must be able to respond calmly in crisis and stressful situations.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, jump, twist, crouch, grip, carry heavy loads, and maneuver quickly on level surfaces, as well as, up and down stairs.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 60 pounds.
- Must be able to push or pull up to 150 pounds.
- Must be able to make rational decisions when handling guest and employee issues.
- Must be able to see and remember the specific details of incidents and persons.
- Must be able to give court testimony when necessary and write detailed reports.
- Responds to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke, high noise levels, bright lights, and dust.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes