DEALER SCHOOL -NON-EXPERIENCED Table Games Dealer
**DEALER SCHOOL BEGINS FEBRUARY 18, 2019**
This is for applicants wanting to apply for Harrah's Dealer School. Dealing experience not required, help us create an entertainment environment for all guests. Provide courteous, friendly and prompt service in dealing table games.
High school diploma preferred.
Must attend and successfully complete Harrah’s Dealer school.
Must possess strong money handling and documentation skills.
Must meet Harrah’s standards regarding rules, game knowledge, and dealing.
Must have knowledge of casino rules, procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Table games.
Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team across departments and level of management.
- Able and willing to read, write, speak and understand English.
Must present a well-groomed appearance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Upbeat personality for all interactions with guests and fellow employees.
- Proactive in anticipating customer needs.
- Dealers must be motivated in familiarizing themselves with all guests’ names and personal facts.
- Must possessed money, handling skill in providing chips for guests.
- Knowledge of card games.
- Basic knowledge of other games and services offered at property.
- Knowledge of department policies and procedures, including those pertaining to Federal and Regulatory laws and guidelines.
- Routinely strives to build and achieve customer satisfaction.
- Exercises appropriate discretion in identifying communications of special promotions to customers.
- Coordinates with Table Games supervisor and Security to detect and prevent attempts to cheat and to identify floor irregularities to a Table Games Supervisor, Lead Shift Supervisor, or Casino Operations Manager.
- Acts as a role model and present oneself as a credit to Harrah’s and encourage others to do the same.
- Adheres to regulatory, departmental, and company policies.
- Works a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Works a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to work inside and continuously maneuver around Pit area and throughout the hotel/casino property.
- Must be able to bend, crouch, kneel, twist, lift and work at a desk when performing Pit Clerk functions.
- Responds to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to acknowledge, greet, and converse in English with customers.
- Must be able to lift, pull, push or carry up to 40 pounds.
- Must have the manual dexterity to handle paperwork, operate computers, and other Pit equipment.
- When on casino floor, must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke, high noise levels, bright lights and dust.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes