DEALER SCHOOL NON-EXPERIENCED Table Games Dealer FT and PT
**DEALER SCHOOL BEGINS NOVEMBER 11, 2019**
This information is for applicants wanting to apply for Harrah's Northern California Dealer School. Dealing experience not required. Join us in creating a great entertainment environment for all guests by providing courteous, friendly and prompt service in dealing table games.
Qualifications for Dealer School:
Preferred high school diploma.
Must be able to attend and successfully complete all classes in Harrah’s Dealer school.
Must possess strong money handling and documentation skills.
Must be able to get along with classmates and instructors and work as a team.
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
Must be able to respond to visual and aural ques.
Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
Successful Dealer School candidates will be able to do the following essential job functions (list not all inclusive):
See the Harrah's Northern California Experience Dealer Job Description for full details.
- Must meet Harrah’s standards regarding rules, game knowledge, and dealing.
- Must have knowledge of casino rules, procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Table games.
- Must display upbeat personality for all interactions with guests and fellow employees.
- Proactive in anticipating customer needs.
- Must possess money handling skills in providing chips for guests.
- Knowledge of department policies and procedures, including those pertaining to Federal and Regulatory laws and guidelines.
- Driven to build and achieve customer satisfaction.
- Exercise appropriate discretion in identifying communications of special promotions to customers.
- Coordinate with Table Games management and Security team to detect and prevent attempts to cheat and to identify floor irregularities.
- Act as a role model and present oneself as a credit to Harrah’s encouraging others to do the same.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to work inside and continuously maneuver around Training Center, Pit area and throughout the casino property.
- Must be able to bend, crouch, kneel, twist, lift and work at a desk as needed.
- Must be able to lift, pull, push or carry up to 40 pounds.
- Must have the manual dexterity to handle paperwork, operate computers, and other Pit equipment.
- When on casino floor, must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke, high noise levels, bright lights and dust.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information and marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.