Casino Cashier Lead
Assists with the overall day-to day operations of the cashiering department. Distributes moneys to gaming guests via check cashing, conversion of coins, tokens and gaming checks into currency and exchanges foreign currencies. Protects company assets while dealing with the public in an efficient and courteous manner.
High school graduate or equivalent is preferred.
Prior experience in handling large sums of money, with one-year previous Cage Cashier experience required.
Demonstrated ability to lead others.
Knowledge of casino cashier rules, procedures and administration.
Strong organizational, managerial and communication skills.
A proven proficiency with computers and 10 key adding machines, with some knowledge of computer keyboard, is preferred.
Must be able to enter data, read, and interpret output from a computer.
Must be able to stand for long periods.
Must be willing to learn all phases of Cage activity.
Must have good math abilities.
Must have excellent guest and human relations skills.
Must be able to work any day of the week and any shift.
Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
Must present a well-groomed appearance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs banking activities for this property, including safekeeping, processing of checks, markers and other cash equivalencies.
- Provides support and assistance to cashier shift managers and cashiers.
- Ensures and recommends changes that ensure a high level of guest service.
- Adheres to compliance of all gaming regulations and any other governing agents where applicable.
- Provides assistance to other departments where cashiering and check cashing experience may be applicable.
- Apprises managers of performance problems with cashiers as required.
- Proficient in all aspects of cashiering.
- Contribute and assist in the evaluation of employee performance reviews.
- Provide and administer all new hire training.
- Works a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Works a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino.
Must be able to lift, carry, and/or push up to 50 pounds.
Must be able to stoop, bend, grip objects, kneel, have good finger movement, and be able to differentiate colors.
Must be able to rack and stack chips.
Must be able to learn and follow strictly Regulation 6A and other gaming regulations.
Must be able to handle a stressful environment and tolerate secondary smoke.
Must have the manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment, including Jet sorter, a 10 key adding machine, PC computers, fax machine and photo copier.
Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes