Casino Cage Cashier
Responsible for all cash service needs of our casino guests while maintaining appropriate accountability for inventory. Delivers truly great guest service while performing transactions such as chip redemption, check cashing and credit card cash advance, along with servicing our in-house check-cashing players.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must present a well-groomed appearance
- Must demonstrate the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide without the use of a calculator
- One year previous United States currency money handling work experience preferred
- Must read, write, speak, and understand English
- Must be willing to serve customers from a variety of backgrounds
- Able to pass mandated regulation and department testing
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides prompt, friendly, and courteous service to all guests while following company and gaming regulations.
- Conducts all transactions in a confidential manner.
- Cashes Chips, Fast Cash Tickets, Travelers Checks, Coupons and exchanges loose coin.
Uses QCP workstation and processes automated & manual check cashing and credit card advances for guests. Completes guest enrollment process for QCP/ACM check cashing and credit card cash advances
Must be willing to learn, understand and adhere to all Title 31 requirements for reporting, record keeping and cash handling procedures for MIL’s, MTL’s, CTR’s and SARC’s.
- Accepts and assists with guest completion of check cashing applications. Records information regarding transactions on reports and forms.
- Maintains internal controls with reports describing errors and discrepancies.
- Completes required Title 31 entries to Monetary Instrument Log and Multiple Transaction Log.
- Collects and records required guest information for completion of Currency Transaction Reports.
- Collaborates with work-group and all support departments to ensure player satisfaction. Communicates all relevant information to co-workers and management to maintain consistency and avoid potential problems.
- Maintains high standards of courtesy, professionalism and discretion in all communications to, about, or with customers including their arrangements and finances. Maintains confidentiality of all player accounts.
- Maintains security and confidentiality of files, records, and lists.
- Works a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Works a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, AND ENVIORNMENTAL DEMANDS
- Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodation
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. (e.g., bag of coins)
- Able to stand, walk, stoop, talk, hear, and reach at least 2 feet across a counter
- Must have the manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment (including computers, jet sorts, and 10 keys), handle currency, tokens, coins, keys, and buttons
- Must have good close and medium range vision with the ability to distinguish between colors
- Able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke, high noise levels, bright lights, and dust
- Able to work at a fast pace in mentally and physically stressful situations
- Able to walk and remain standing for 8 to 10 hours with breaks
- Able to safely push or pull a cashier cart when fully loaded
- Able to differentiate between various denominations of currency and chips..
- Must maintain professional composure in all situations (e.g., demanding or threatening customer and during periods of high business volume)
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes