Count Room Representative
Counts moneys from the Pit Operations drop boxes. Counts moneys from Bill Validators (slot) machines.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Previous money-handling experience is preferred.
Must be able to work graveyard, any day of the week.
Adding machine, computer terminal operation, and currency counting machine skills helpful.
Basic mechanical (repair) ability preferred.
Prior count room or money handling experience (casino or bank) is preferred.
Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
Must present a well-groomed appearance.
Essential Job Functions:
Sorts, counts, and records contents of table game drop boxes, bill changers and currency drop boxes, according to set procedures.
- Compares information contained in drop boxes to data stored on computer terminal.
- Responsible for daily reports, minor repairs and maintenance of soft count equipment.
- Performs duties as assigned, always presenting oneself as a credit to Harrah's and encourages others to do the same.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Works a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Works a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
Must be able to maneuver in and around all count rooms.
- Must be able to push, pull carts and carry up to 75 pounds of boxes filled with currency.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch and pick-up money dropped on floor.
- Must be able to grip objects and have good finger movement when counting and handling currency.
- Must be able to differentiate denominations of chips and authenticity of currency.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to operate a computer, ten key adding machine and Sortmaster (money counter).
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes