Environmental Services (EVS) Heavy Duty Cleaner
Maintains the cleanliness of the property by completing special projects such as carpet, linoleum and marble care. Operate lift (30’ – 40’ in height) to clean upper arears of casino floor.
- Has held a position as cleaner, or equivalent.
- Previous janitorial experience preferred
- Must be a least 21 years of age
- Must possess strong people skills and problem-solving ability.
- Must have a strong understanding and working knowledge of cleaning chemicals, cleaning techniques, and cleaning equipment.
- Knowledge of HAZZ, COMM and BBP is essential.
- Must be able to converse, read, and write English.
- Must be able to get along well with others and work as a team.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Strips and waxes floors to include baseboards.
- Shampoo and spot clean carpeted areas.
- Uses extractor equipment, floor scrubbers, and shampoo machines, polishing machines, special vacuum cleaners and scrubbers.
- Move office equipment and items as directed.
- Cleans interior and exterior windows.
- High degree of customer contact.
- Cleans signage, light fixtures, vents, decorative greenery, railings, artwork and elevators.
- Operate lift and adhere to all safety standards
- Works a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Works a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
Must be able to maneuver in casino areas, up and down stairs and reach above shoulder level.
Able to push, pull and carry up to 100 pounds.
Able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke.
Must be able to work in temperatures in excess of 115 degrees and in cold temperatures as low as 40 degrees.
Respond to visual and aural curs.
Able to use and operate vacuum cleaners, floor cleaning equipment, dustpans, brooms and auto-rider
Must be able to work around crowded areas.
Must be able to read labels on chemical bottles.
Able to stoop, bend, reach and pull around casino and restroom areas.
Able to use finger movement and rotation wrist motion when cleaning and wiping surface areas.
- Able to tolerate cleaning chemicals without developing and allergic reaction.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes