Food & Beverage Supervisor
Responsible for supervising the day to day operations of Restaurants. Ensures department service goals are achieved. Embraces and maintains company service culture and core values. Ensures superior guest service, engaged team members as well as maximizing profitability for our company in a safe, secure, and clean environment. Exhibits leadership and vision to align, inspire, develop, and motivate team members.
- Minimum 4 years related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience with at least two years of supervisory experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal customer service, communication, team building and problem-solving skills are required.
- Ability to read and understand documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Able and willing to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to speaking effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Skill in solving practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Skill in understanding a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervises the daily operation of QSRs effectively and efficiently.
- Responsible for successfully operating QSRs as measured through Total Service and EOS / SFS scores
- Ensures highest degree of customer satisfaction for QSRs.
- Analyzes and evaluates QSRs operations to best achieve cost effective running of the outlet.
- Must be able to able to work successfully with a variety of diverse team members throughout the property.
- Conducts pre-shift meetings, makes daily schedule adjustments and controls shift staffing levels to meet budgeted labor costs, supervises employees job performance (including coaching and feedback).
- Hires staff and ensures proper training, supervision, and development of subordinates.
- Monitors and controls physical and sanitary condition of assigned areas.
- Assists in the completion of corrective action under the guidance of the Manager of Food & Beverage to achieve revenues, operating expenses and GSRS rating.
- Insures proper usage and requisitioning of operating supplies within established guidelines.
- Maintains daily employee attendance and work records.
- Inspects food service facilities to ensure compliance with state and local health laws and internal regulations.
- Ensures legal compliance with other federal, state, and gaming laws
- Inspects and tastes prepared foods to maintain quality standards and sanitation regulations.
- Works closely with employees and guests to correct concerns and issues regarding quality and services of food outlet.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Conducts Performance Reviews, including recommends wage increases and promotions
Handles employees' complaints or grievances
Works a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
Works a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodations.
Must be able to sit, stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions when handling guest and/or employee conflicts.
- Must be able to maneuver throughout the outlet.
Must be able to lift and carry up to 45 pounds.
Must be able to push, pull, bend, reach, stoop, kneel, twist and grip items when working in the outlet.
Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
Must have manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment, including PC computers, fax machine and photocopier.
Must be able to tolerate areas containing dust, loud noises and bright lights.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes