Room Chef - Louie Oliver's Restaurant
Responsible for all kitchen operations in Oliver’s. Supervises Oliver’s cooks. Manages and over sees production in all kitchens. Maintains high quality of food preparations and production while managing all aspects of BOH Kitchen business. Embraces and maintains company service culture and core values. Exhibits leadership and vision to align, inspire, develop, and motivate team
Candidates must have at least five years overall experience in the food service industry.
Must be a graduate of a 2-year culinary program with emphasis on food production management, with two years experience as a kitchen manager or supervisor in a casino or restaurant serving at least 5,000 covers per week.
Multiple outlet experience and fine dining experience is preferred.
Proven track record in quality, productivity, and presentation.
Ability to analyze financial information and arrive at the correct conclusions.
Excellent interpersonal, customer service, communication, team building, and problem solving skills are required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leads the Oliver’s kitchen team.
- Works cooperatively with the FOH manager of Oliver’s to achieve excellent product for our guests.
- Manages the production side of food service in Oliver’s.
- Creates new recipes and contributes to the menu format.
- Conducts non-standard product tests and selections.
- Coordinates with the Purchasing Manager the purchase of food and beverage products for use.
- Ensures that standardized and national-contract products are used in the kitchen.
- Maintains current recipe files and enforces the consistent use of recipes by staff.
- Ensures that safe and appropriate procedures are used when receiving, storing, preparing, holding, cooking, and serving food.
- Uses HACCP sanitation guidelines and procedures when doing the above.
- Inspects and tastes prepared foods to ensure excellent quality and presentation.
- Oversees the repair and cleanliness of all assigned back of house areas. Oversees the appropriate operation and maintenance of kitchen equipment and other kitchen assets.
- Oversees the kitchen safety programs for Oliver’s.
- Participates in the budgeting and planning processes.
- Maintains food, labor, and other expenses at budgeted levels, using established procedures.
- Ensures that appropriate staffing levels are maintained in the kitchen. Hires, trains, supervise and develops kitchen staff.
- Develops and maintains a positive work environment.
- Reports any problems to the Executive Sous Chef.
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents self as a credit to Harrah’s and encourages others to do the same.
- Conducts Performance Reviews, makes or recommends wage increases, makes or recommends promotions.
- Handles employees' complaints or grievances
- Recommends disciplinary action or disciplines employees
- Monitors legal compliance with federal, state, and gaming laws.
- Works a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Works a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the kitchen and food service areas.
- Must be able to tolerate areas with high, humid temperatures in excess of 115 degrees.
- Must be able to tolerate chemicals for cleaning and sanitizing kitchen areas.
- Must be able to work and maneuver in a close or small kitchen / working environment during entire shift.
- Must be able to lift, push & pull up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to reach, bend, twist, stoop, and stack.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
- Must be willing to work long hours and any shift.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes