COOK - EDR
Ensures superior food preparations and presentation. Prioritizes cooking to fill food orders and plating in a quick, timely and accurate manner while keeping a safe, secure, and clean environment.
Six months prior experience as a cook or cook’s helper.
Previous working knowledge of point of sales system preferred.
Must be able to provide own tools.
Must be able to work any day of the week and any shift.
Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
Must possess good customer service and communication skills.
Must present a well-groomed appearance.
Local health department sanitation certificate required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepares and produces menu items to standards in a quick and efficient manner.
- Prepares items such as but not limited to salads, appetizers, beef, poultry, seafood, etc.
- Prepares, cooks, and seasons all food.
- Effectively and efficiently prepares food in fry cook broiler and Garde Manger.
- Controls food production in all work areas including proper cooking methods, proper cooking times and temperature.
- Adheres to kitchen maintenance and sanitation programs.
- Maintains assigned station and equipment in a clean and sanitary condition.
- Works a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Works a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to work inside a kitchen and on a fry line during most of shift.
- Must be able to work and maneuver in a close or small kitchen / working environment during entire shift.
- Must be able to tolerate areas with extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to push and pull carts weighing up to 300 pounds.
- Must possess coordination and dexterity to use kitchen utensils such as knives, spatulas, food tongs, etc.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, crouch, kneel, push, and pull when rotating stock and cleaning work area.
- Must be able to operate the following kitchen equipment: Stoves, grills, fryers, broilers, and other utensils in preparing the food orders.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes