Steward- Heavy Duty Cleaner
Deep cleaning of all Food Department back of the house areas/equipment within levels of sanitation in accordance with Health Department.
Six months previous kitchen worker experience is required.
Must be able to work any day of the week and any shift.
Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Able and willing to read, write, speak and understand English.
Must present a well-groomed appearance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Degreases, cleans and polishes the kitchen hoods.
- Wipes down all walls & doors.
- Cleans grease build up behind all equipment.
- Cleans and degreases all pipes.
- Polishes all outsides of refrigerators.
- Cleans and polishes tables, counters, shelves, steam tables and hand sinks.
- Cleans and degreases grills, stoves, fryers, broilers, burners, ovens, flat tops and all prep areas.
- Cleans all air vents and air conditioning registers.
- Cleans and degreases all rubber matting
- Removes all garbage, washes trash cans and replace liners.
- Sweeps floors to remove any gum or substances.
- Soak floors with degreaser.
- Use floor cleaning machine to scrub kitchen floors.
- Cleans drains and pours enzyme into drains.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
Works a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays
Works a reasonable amount of overtime when required
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to work inside and maneuver throughout the kitchen areas.
- Must be able to tolerate temperatures in excess of 100 degrees near dish machine, or cold in excess of 0 degrees in freezers.
- Must be able to use the cleaning equipment/chemicals including but not limited to floor scrubbers, vacuums, blowers, degreaser, multi-purpose, enzymes, etc.
- Must be able to operate all kitchen equipment and machinery.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to push and pull carts weighing up to 200lbs.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, push and pull while performing kitchen duties.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes