Cleans and sanitizes all dishes, pots and pans, and silverware to be used by guests and employees of the casino. Cleans and sanitizes kitchen equipment. Removes kitchen waste and trash.
Must be able to work any day of the week and any shift.
Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
Must present a well-groomed appearance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Cleans food serving areas including counters, floors, food trays, food carts and kitchen equipment.
- Washes and sanitizes dishes including china, plates, flatware, utensils, pots and pans, etc. either by hand or by using dishwasher machinery.
- Cleans and stocks supplies such as plates, utensils, pots, pans, and other kitchen utensil items.
- Replenishes all non food items as needed.
- Lifts bus tubs to bus carts and pushes carts to the Kitchen.
- Removes trash from kitchen areas and places in dumpster.
- Break down empty boxes from kitchen areas and places in dumpster.
- Maintains the proper level of sanitation in accordance with Health Department and Stewarding standards in all kitchen outlets.
- Cleans and sanitizes all kitchen equipment in a safe manner.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
Works a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays
Works a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to work inside and maneuver throughout the kitchen areas, sometimes in small spaces.
- Must be able to tolerate hot temperatures in excess of 100 degrees near dishwashing machine - when assigned to this task for entire shift.
- Must be able to use the following chemicals for cleaning and sanitizing all kitchen areas: Bleach, pine sol, oven cleaner, etc.
- Must be able to wear kitchen protective gloves for entire shift.
- Must be able to operate dishwashing machine.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to push and pull carts weighing up to 200lbs.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, push and pull while performing kitchen duties.
- Must be able to stack racks of dishes and silverware.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes