Responsible for day to day Stewarding operations of their shift with in the Food Outlets. Leading the shift and assigning tasks in an efficient manner.
3 years back of house restaurant experience, one year stewarding experience.
Strong leadership skills are necessary.
A working knowledge of sanitation requirements.
Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Able and willing to read, write, speak and understand English.
Must have good communication skills and be detail oriented.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for day to day Stewarding operations of their shift in the EDR.
- Supervises all job duties to insure they are being completed safely.
- Projects confidence, fair treatment and respect to all employees at all times.
- Counsels, guides and instructs personnel the proper performance of their duties.
- Is actively involved in the completion of all daily tasks and duties.
- Maintains all areas for a safe clean environment base on Health Department and internal standards.
- Monitors compliance with federal, state, and gaming laws
Works a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays
Works a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Acts as a role model to all employees.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to maneuver and work inside kitchen area, sometimes in heat in excess of 100 degrees or cold in excess of 0 degrees.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, push and pull while performing kitchen duties.
- Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions when handling employee conflicts or in stressful situations.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to push and pull carts weighing up to 200lbs.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Ability to read, writes, speak and understand English fluently.
- Must be able to operate all kitchen equipment and machinery.
- Must be able to operate a computer.
- Must be able to complete all appropriate paperwork for Stewarding operations in the EDR.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes