Leads the restaurant outlet teammates in all aspects of day to day operations on their shift. Assign tasks and duties to ensure smooth operating restaurant outlet Handles minor guest issues and escalates any concerns to the supervisor.
One year previous experience in food service is preferred.
Prefer to have at least six months money-handling and cash register experience.
Previous restaurant experience is a plus.
Must possess excellent customer service and communication skills.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Must be able to work any day of the week and any shift.
Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
Must present a well-groomed appearance. Must adhere to uniform standards and safety shoe requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
Acknowledges greets and converses with customers who approach.
- Trains new employees in all aspects of the outlet.
- Processes cash transactions by accepting money and making necessary change, while presenting a receipt to the customer.
- Keeps counters, equipment and cart areas clean and well stocked.
- Maintains open communication with guests/employees.
- Ensures positive guest service while taking appropriate actions to exceed guest expectations.
- Ensures day to day task and duties are completed by employees, escalating any concerns to the supervisor.
- Maintains an awareness of all menu items.
- Relay pertinent information to employees.
- Stay up to date on all promotions/special events.
- Keeps work area neat, clean and stocked with supplies.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Recognize employees for being good team players.
- Volunteer for additional duties. Leads by example.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
Works a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays
- Works a reasonable amount of overtime when required
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to lift and pull up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, crouch, kneel, twist, push, pull and balance when stocking, storing and cleaning assigned areas.
- Must be able to tolerate hot temperatures.
- Must be able to listen and respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke, high noise levels, bright lights and dust.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes