Coffee House Attendant / Barista
Prepares and serves cold and hot beverages, light snacks, pastries and cookies to guests in the casino area. Must be able to provide excellent guest service during their shift.
- Six months previous experience in food service is preferred.
- Must have at least six months money-handling and cash register experience.
- Hotel restaurant experience is a plus.
- Must possess excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must be able to work any day of the week and any shift.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Able and willing to read, write, speak and understand English.
Essential Job Functions:
- Acknowledges greets and converses with customers who approach.
- Prepares snacks and beverages per customer’s order.
- Processes cash transactions by accepting money and making necessary change, while presenting a receipt to the customer.
- Keeps counters, equipment and outlet areas clean and well stocked.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
Works a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays
Works a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to work inside and maneuver around work area and throughout the casino areas.
- Must be able to lift and pull up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, crouch, kneel, twist, push, pull and balance when stocking, storing and cleaning assigned areas.
- Must be able to tolerate hot temperatures.
- Must be able to listen and respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke, high noise levels, bright lights and dust.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes