Food Court Cashier
Processes cash/comp/coupon/credit card transactions for restaurant guests. Suggest menu options, specials and other casino amenities.
Must have at least three months previous money handling and cash register experience.
Must possess excellent customer service and communication skills.
Must be able to initiate and engage in conversation in a professional and friendly manner.
Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
Must be able to work any day of the week and any shift.
Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Essential Job Functions:
- Greets everyone to create a welcoming environment for both employees and guests.
- Is knowledgeable of all menu items – makes suggestions and answers questions.
- Provides quick and friendly service to all customers.
- Processes cash transactions by accepting money and making necessary change, while presenting a receipt to the customer.
- Cleans register and restaurant areas, including counter tops, sinks, display shelves, tables, storage areas and lounge areas at assigned station.
- Handles and solves any concerns and questions customers may have.
- Performs all side work and stocking of supplies at assigned station.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Foster safe work environment by following safety guidelines.
- Follow all policies and procedures.
- Complete any other task assigned by management.
Works a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays
Works a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to work inside and maneuver throughout assigned station during entire shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and bend, pull and carry stock to refrigerator and cabinets.
- Must be able to use hand motion when cleaning and wiping counters.
- Must possess the manual dexterity to complete required “side work”.
- Must be able to listen and respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke, high noise levels, bright lights and dust.
- Must be able to work variable hours/days including nights, weekends and holidays
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes