Responsible for supervising the day to day Stewarding operations manages staffing shifts to ensure all assigning tasks are done. Inspects for quality work and maintains kitchen area cleanliness. and leads Directs all aspects of washing and cleaning of food preparation areas.
At least three years of stewarding or related janitorial experience with one year in multi-outlet operation and one year in supervision preferred.
College degree preferred.
A working knowledge of sanitation requirements.
Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
Knowledge of P & L statements and budget.
Must be computer literate.
Ability to administer direct supervision of assigned staff, and be flexible, patient, understanding, fair and firm.
Must be able to work independently.
Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Must be able to perform physical job duties of line employees if necessary.
Essential Job Functions:
Responsible for planning and preparation of annual budget and capital expense requests.
Prepare weekly work schedules for all stewarding personnel.
Establishes and conducts training programs for stewarding personnel.
Encourages cross training.
Maintain records required for the efficient operation of the department.
Maintain approved labor costs.
Counsels, guides and instructs personnel in the proper performance of their duties.
Must be willing to work long hours.
Must be able to work closely with all levels of management.
Must have understanding of pest elimination.
- Trains, develops, and directs stewarding staff using approved management practices.
- Interviews and selects employees.
- Conducts Performance Reviews, makes recommendations for wage increases and promotions.
Handles employees' complaints or grievances
Recommends disciplinary action or disciplines employees
Monitors legal compliance with federal, state, and gaming laws
Works a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
Works a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
Must be able to maneuver and work inside kitchen area, sometimes in heat in excess of 100 degrees or cold in excess of 0 degrees.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, push and pull while performing kitchen duties.
- Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions when handling employee conflicts or in stressful situations.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to push and pull carts weighing up to 200lbs.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Ability to read, writes, speak and understand English fluently.
- Must be able to operate all kitchen equipment and machinery.
- Must be able to operate a computer.
- Must be able to complete all appropriate paperwork for the Stewards Department.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes