Server Assistant - Louie Oliver's Restaurant
Provides fast, friendly and efficient service to every guest, every time while cleaning and setting up restaurant tables. Assist Oliver Server with food service, refills, and guest’s request as needed.
Must possess a pleasant personality.
Must be physically strong and able to balance a service tray on shoulder.
Previous food or beverage restaurant service experience preferred but not required.
Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
Must present a well-groomed appearance.
Any and all other duties as assigned by the supervisor or manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supplies the dining room and individual guest tables with clean china, silver, glassware, utensils, condiments, and paper supplies as needed.
- Removes dirty dishes, soiled linen, glassware and silver from table and counter tops, then carries items back to the dishwashing area.
- Refills water glasses and coffee cups as required.
- May also assist Food Server in carrying order to the tables.
- Replenishes butter, condiments, coffee, tea and refrigerated items used in the dining room.
- Resets table and perform other related duties as requested by the Food Server.
- Makes coffee when necessary.
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents self as a credit to Harrah's and encourages others to do the same.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
Works a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
Works a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
Must be able to work and maneuver in a close or small working environment during entire shift.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of assigned restaurant throughout entire shift.
- Must be able to lift trays with food above shoulder level.
- Must be able to clean and reset tables in a timely fashion.
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds and be able to reach across tables.
- Must be able to stoop and bend as necessary.
- Must possess the manual dexterity to complete required “side work”.
- Must be able to tolerate hot temperatures when in kitchen areas.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
- Must be able read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes