Food Server - Louie Oliver's Restaurant
Provides excellent service by delivering food and beverage orders to dining guests in Oliver’s. Ensured Oliver’s guest order are accurate and provides service to enhance guest’s experience.
Must have one-year previous food and beverage service experience including large tray service required.
Casino restaurant experience is preferred.
Extensive knowledge of beers, wines, liquors and their recipes required.
Must be able to initiate and engage in conversation in a professional and friendly manner.
Must present a professional and pleasant appearance that guests will find appealing and approachable in order to engage in conversation.
Must possess excellent customer service and communication skills.
Knowledge of or familiarity with fine dining / steakhouse menus preferred.
Must be 21 years of age.
Must be able to work any day of the week and any shift.
Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Greets and occasionally seats guest by their name when known and makes them feel welcome and special.
- Writes down food and beverage orders.
- Enters order into computer system, expedites drink order from bar and serves to customer; picks up food orders from kitchen area and serves to customers.
- Performs routine server station work such as preparing toast, dressing salads, ladling soup for guest’s orders, etc.
- Deliver table set-ups with food order and clears away in a timely manner.
- Assist other servers and server assistants as necessary.
- Clears and cleans tables and work area as needed.
- Performs all side work as assigned.
- Ensures breakdown of station at end of shift along with daily cleaning tasks.
- Has complete knowledge of menu, prices and drink recipes.
- Wears proper attire in a neatly groomed fashion according to unit standards.
- Handles and solves any concerns and questions customers may have.
- Takes responsibility for handling guest complaints, resolving with or without management assistance.
- Prepares and delivers check to guest, processes guest payment for guest at the table and closes check in computer system in a timely manner.
- Gives guests a warm farewell when they are leaving.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policy as management may direct.
Works a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
Works a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
Must be able to work and maneuver in a close or small working environment during entire shift.
- Must be able to access kitchen area when picking up food orders and maneuver to and from during entire shift.
- Must be able to lift heavy trays with food above shoulder level.
- Must be able to write customer orders legibly.
- Must be able to tolerate hot temperatures when in kitchen areas.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, reach, kneel and lift up to 50lbs during assigned shift.
- Must possess the manual dexterity to complete required “side work”.
- Must be able to listen and respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke, high noise levels, bright lights and dust.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes