Host - Louie Oliver's Restaurant
Provides excellent service by welcoming and seating guests in Oliver’s. Managing reservations and seating priority. Takes reservation over the phone and walk-ins.
Must have at least six months previous guest contact experience.
Must possess excellent customer service and communication skills.
Must be able to initiate and engage in conversation in a professional and friendly manner.
Must be 18 years of age.
Must be able to work independently, with little supervision.
Must be able to work any day of the week and any shift.
Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
Must present a well-groomed appearance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Employee will provide quick and friendly service to all customers.
- Greets customers and seats guests in Oliver’s.
- Makes reservations for guests using Oliver’s reservation system. Checks guests in using computer system.
- Cleans restaurant areas as needed, including counter tops, sinks, display shelves, tables, storage areas and lounge areas at assigned station.
- Handles and solves any concerns and questions customers may have.
- Performs all side work (stocking bus station and rolling silverware) and stocking of supplies at assigned station.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
Works a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
Works a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to work inside and maneuver throughout assigned station and restaurant during entire shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and bend, pull and carry stock to refrigerator and cabinets.
- Must be able to use hand motion when cleaning and wiping counters, making reservations and checking guests in.
- Must possess the manual dexterity to complete required tasks.
- Must be able to listen and respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke, high noise levels, bright lights and dust.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes