Bartender - Louie Oliver's Restaurant
Responsible for providing friendly, excellent service to every customer whom approaches the bar. Prepares and pours drinks for Fine Dining customers and cocktail servers. Handles all cash transactions accurately.
Two years previous experience as a bartender is required.
High school degree or equivalent is preferred.
Must have dexterity and capability to learn entertainment pouring (flair pouring).
Must be able to initiate and engage in conversation in a professional and friendly manner.
Must possess excellent customer service and communication skills.
Must present a professional and pleasant appearance that guests will find appealing and approachable in order to engage in conversation.
Must be 21 years of age.
Must be able to work any day, any shift.
Must be able to get along well with co-workers and work as a team.
Must be willing to participate in on-going training in the beverage field.
Must have knowledge of current property events, promotions and attractions.
Essential Job Functions:
Greets and welcomes all guests in a pleasant and professional manner.
Prepares and pours all types of drinks for customers and cocktail servers upon request in a timely manner.
Provides entertainment for guests through entertainment/flair pouring.
Provides to customers property information on current events, promotions and attractions.
Processes all cash transactions by accepting money and making necessary change accurately and presents customer with bar receipt.
Converts cash to coin for any customer playing the slot machines in the bar area.
Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to departmental and company policies.
Works a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
Works a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to work in a smoke filled and noisy environment and maneuver through assigned area during entire shift.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to converse over the telephone in an environment with loud background noise.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to stoop, bend and reach.
- Able to use hand motion when preparing and pouring all types of drinks for customers and cocktail servers.
- Able to use hand motion when cleaning and wiping bar counter.
- Able to bend, pull and carry bar stock to refrigerators and cabinets.
- Responds to visual and aural cues.
- Able to complete required paperwork for cash transactions.
- Able to operate a variety of equipment.
- Must be able to simultaneously handle the demands of many customers and waitstaff.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes