Warehouse Person Lead
Assists in the supervision of warehouse activities.
- Ability to read and write English.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Basic math skills.
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Proven leadership abilities.
- Minimum 6 months warehouse experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for overall safety, monthly inventories, unloading trucks, receiving goods, system receiving goods, recycling glass, cardboard and paper.
- Fills requisitions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Operates and maintains consistent mail delivery, organization and tidiness of warehouse.
- Responsible for safety and cleanliness of all warehouse areas as per internal and Health Department standards.
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah’s and encourages others to do the same.
- Adheres to regulatory, departmental and company procedures.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- Works a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Works a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Able to continually lift, carry, push, and pull heavy materials weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to maneuver throughout the casino and hotel areas to deliver items.
- Must be able to reach below and above shoulders while performing receiving duties.
- Must be able to lift up to and carry up to 70 pounds.
- Must possess the ability to operate a pallet jack, forklift, weigh scale and pull carts and dollies filled with items weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to perform functions accurately in a noisy, busy environment.
- Must be able to tolerate foul odors.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures; below 10 degrees Fahrenheit in freezer to over 115 degrees Fahrenheit outdoors.
- Must be able to give, as well as respond to visual and aural cues. Must be able to operate computer as needed on dock.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes