Count Room Rep Lead
Directs the operations of the Count Room Team while providing a positive work environment, encouraging teamwork and cooperation within the department.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Adding machine, computer terminal operation, and currency counting machine skills helpful.
- Basic mechanical (repair) ability preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience is preferred.
- Prior count room or money handling experience (casino or bank) is preferred.
- Must be able to work all shifts.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Sorts, counts, and records contents of table game drop boxes, bill changers and currency drop boxes, according to set procedures.
- Compares information contained in drop boxes to data stored on computer terminal.
- Responsible for daily reports, minor repairs and maintenance of soft count equipment.
- Reads and records slot machine meter readings.
- Responsible for general upkeep of soft count room and ordering.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Spends the majority of time interviewing, training, and selecting employees
- Conducts Performance Reviews
- Makes or recommends wage increases
- Makes or recommends promotions
- Provides for safety and security
- Handles employees' complaints or grievances
- Recommends disciplinary action or disciplines employees
- Plans work
- Supervises and monitors work
- Monitors legal compliance with federal, state, and gaming laws
- Works a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Works a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to maneuver in and around all count rooms.
- Must be able to respond calmly in crisis and stressful situations, including employee conflicts.
- Must be able to perform the job duties of hard count and soft count team members.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and carry up to 75 pounds of boxes filled with currency.
- Must be able to grip objects and have good finger movement when counting and handling currency.
- Must be able to differentiate denominations of chips and authenticity of currency.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods.
- Must be able to operate a computer, ten key adding machine, and money counter.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, kneel, twist as necessary.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes