Assists Purchasing personnel as necessary in the performance of their daily buying duties and ensuring the work flow is maintained. Follows up on orders as necessary and assists Buyers in bid preparation and analysis. Complete special assignments as necessary and work with end users as directed. Operate between Buyers and warehouse staff to manage vendor returns, open order tracking and shortages. Resolves accounts payable issues with vendor and communicates such resolutions through variance module of Stratton Warren.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in purchasing field preferred.
- Able and willing to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responds to and consistently meets the needs of internal clients.
- Communicates in a friendly, respectful and understandable manner.
- Politely gives consistent, timely and accurate information and finds answer when unsure.
- Consistently demonstrates superior customer service skills and acts as a positive role model for all internal and external guests.
- Work as a team player, cooperates with employees within the department as well as other departments.
- Speaks positively about the company, co-workers and guests. Identifies ways to increase efficiencies or improve product or service property wide and in own department.
- Identifies cost savings opportunities and works with appropriate departments to establish implementation plan.
- Delivers assignments/projects on time and completes all aspects before delivering to internal clients.
- Prepares and maintains routine documentation relating to purchasing.
- Clearly communicate programs/services to necessary people, seeks their support and keeps them informed of changes that may impact the business.
- Keep track of existing products/services and/or progress on new corporate initiatives.
- Prepares project plans that aid in moving such initiatives forward.
- Complies with and upholds company expectation including Code of Commitment, policies, procedures, industry regulations, department goals and business strategy.
- Keeps purchasing records in order.
- Responsible for computer data input and documentation in accordance with established department procedures.
- Performs routine clerical and general office duties as assigned.
- Works a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Works a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to speak in a pleasant, quiet, and understandable tone of voice.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to sit for periods of four or more hours at a time.
- Must have the manual dexterity to fill out and process the required paperwork and operate the following office equipment: computer, printer, typewriter, photo copy and fax machine.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds and push and pull a cart up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to concentrate for long periods of time and able to calmly respond and handle internal customers’ concerns and needs.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes