Provides friendly service to all internal customers through the procurement of goods and services at the best possible price, service and quality.
- Must have a minimum of five years buying experience required or eight years in the culinary field as a chef.
- College degree from a four-year college or university or a degree from an accredited culinary institute required.
- Supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Computer experience preferably on an inventory/purchasing system preferred.
- Must possess excellent customer service, strong team building (lateral, support, report) and communication skills.
- Must have a “can do” attitude and approach challenges from a problem-solving perspective.
- Must be able to type at least 25 wpm.
- Must be able to speak clearly and possess excellent phone etiquette.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides excellent customer service to internal customers at all times.
- Works with outside vendors by conducting open bids for supplies and services.
- Negotiates with vendors and internal customers and reaches an agreement on prices that will satisfy both parties.
- Communicates with department managers regarding their purchase orders.
- Inputs data entry on purchase orders into the computer system.
- Produces clear and precise specifications when ordering items.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to departmental and company policies.
- Works a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Works a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to speak in a pleasant, quiet, and understandable tone of voice.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to sit for periods of four or more hours at a time.
- Must be able to maneuver throughout all areas of the property.
- Must be able to work in stressful situations.
- Must have the manual dexterity to fill out and process the required paperwork and operate the following office equipment: computer, printer, typewriter, photo copy and fax machine.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds, push and pull a cart up to 30 pounds and carry up to 20lbs.
- Must be able to give, as well as respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to concentrate for long periods of time and able to calmly respond and handle internal customers’ concerns and needs.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes