Performs advanced casino accounting functions in regards to all revenue audits and compliance audits. Reviews and performs daily gaming and non-gaming audit functions, which include reconciling, analyzing, recording, and summarizing numbers and reviewing documents for proper completion. In addition, performs account reconciliation’s. Key communicator with operating departments to ensure correct operating procedures are adhered to in accordance with the internal control standards.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Progressive experience in gaming audit functions required. Experience in internal audit a plus.
- Must possess an in depth knowledge of internal and accounting control procedures of gaming operations.
- Proficiency with 10-key by touch is required.
- Must demonstrate the ability to lead, guide, direct, develop and motivate people at all levels.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance. Must be able to get along well with all co-workers and work as a team.
- Familiarity of casino management systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Access software required.
- Ability to use technical and complex auditing software.
- Able and willing to read, write, speak and understand English.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrates potential of leadership skills, able to lead, guide, train and motivate people at al levels.
- Consistently produces accurate and timely audits on all large and small audits, including an understanding of systems as they relate to the various audits.
- Reviews Auditor I work for accuracy.
- Assists all Auditors with audit issues.
- Is able to give direction and supervise Auditor.
- Can assist as the 2nd Review for Title 31 Audit.
- Assists Income Control Analyst and Supervisor with training and scheduling.
- Demonstrates good decision making and problem solving with very little guidance from the Analyst or Supervisor.
- Meets all reporting deadlines to departments.
- Investigates clearing account discrepancies for accounting.
- Compiles, reviews, and distributes the daily operating report and daily results.
- Demonstrates complex problem solving and research skills related to the audits.
- Communicates any “out of the ordinary” discrepancies to the Analyst, Supervisor or Manager.
- Acts as back-up for all functions of the department during heavy volume periods.
- Works closely with operating departments to ensure internal compliance guidelines are followed and to solve audit problems/issues.
- Works closely with the Analyst daily to ensure all audits were balanced and daily reports are completed.
- Demonstrates superior customer service.
- Is flexible in working shifts, length of shift, and length and times of lunch/breaks.
- Adheres to regulatory, departmental and company polices and procedures.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the department.
- Works a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Works a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to maneuver around various areas throughout the casino.
- Must be able to operate a ten key adding machine, a computer keyboard, and a small electronic device for storing meter readings.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time and view information displayed on a computer screen.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items while working at assigned desk area.
- Must have the manual dexterity to operate office equipment.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes