Performs daily accounting and financial functions, which include entering data into computer; recording; calculating and summarizing numbers; reviewing documents for proper completion. Responsibilities may include Payroll, Accounts Payable, or general ledger support.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Six months previous accounting and audit experience required.
- Must be able to operate a computer keyboard, and ten-key adding.
- Must have the ability to understand procedures and gaming regulations and adhere to them.
- Must be flexible to work any day of the week.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Must be able to work well with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Able and willing to read, write, speak and understand English.
Essential Job Functions:
- Enters statistical information into computer system.
- Generates various accounting reports.
- Summarizes, calculates and records numbers on various documents.
- Processes payroll and accounts payable as applicable.
- Reviews, reconciles and verifies documents for proper completion.
- Investigates any discrepancies identified while performing the above functions.
- Performs W2G preparation, input and balancing.
- Files documents as necessary.
- Meets attendance guidelines of the job.
- Adheres to regulatory, departmental and property policies.
- Works a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Works a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to maneuver around various areas throughout the casino.
- Must be able to operate a ten-key adding machine, a computer keyboard, and a small electronic device for storing meter readings.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time and view information displayed on a computer screen.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items while working at assigned desk area.
- Must have the manual dexterity to operate office equipment.
- Must be able to work in a noisy environment.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes