Responsible for the development and maintenance of brand standards for Harrah’s Northern California and the outlets/properties contained within. Works closely with agency and media partners on all concepts and designs. Executes design for print, digital, direct marketing, outdoor, events and on-property collateral as requested by the Advertising Supervisor, Marketing Manager or other departments. Prepares files for production for both on-property and off-property applications. Responsible for scheduling and posting of multi-media content throughout the property (i.e. casino gaming floor, outdoor marquee and general information screens).
- Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design with a strong/fluent understanding of animation (i.e. Adobe After Effects) and Macintosh systems.
- Must have two years experience in the graphic design field, including a solid grasp of design and production processes.
- Possess strong organizational skills and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Prepress experience is a plus.
- Efficiency in Adobe After Effects, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Web experience is a plus.
- Desired portfolio will include animation reel and graphic design samples.
Essential Job Functions:
Develop and maintain brand standards through collaboration with agency partners and corporate.
Develop and maintain the brand standards for each outlet and event or promotion.
Design and schedule animations for property plasma system.
Build and maintain strong relationships with agency and media partners through clear communication.
Build and maintain strong relationship with the Corporate Media team to ensure files are trafficked correctly and in a timely manner.
Work closely with AV and IT teams to ensure all equipment and displays are functioning properly.
Design on-property collateral for upcoming promotions and events.
Responsible for printing large-format posters in-house and preparing/transferring files to outside vendors.
Involved in press checks and quality control of projects.
Member of the creative roundtable; actively participates and contributes new ideas and offers valuable feedback.
Stay on top of trends and technology related to design, motion graphics, production and software.
- Strong drive and eagerness to work in a team environment and open to feedback and creative direction.
- Works with internal clients and external vendors to ensure smooth communication and exchange of designs so work may be completed in timely manner.
- Reviews all proofs for accuracy prior to submission for management approval.
- Facilitates installation of all collateral (signage) as required throughout the casino. Ensures all promotional signage is posted and removed on a timely basis.
- Maintains all displays and works closely with the Facilities team if repairs are needed.
- Collaborates with Facilities for new installations throughout the property.
- Maintains up-to-date status report of open projects/jobs. Works closely with Advertising Supervisor to ensure deadlines are met.
- Assists with other advertising projects as needed.
- Maintains creative files, samples, back-up copies of all internally and externally produced pieces.
- Responsible for maintaining the library of assets by using consistent naming conventions and folder structures.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to continuously maneuver around office area and throughout the hotel/casino property.
- Must be able to bend, crouch, kneel, lift, twist and work at desk and around offices when performing job functions.
- Respond to visual aural cues.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to operate keyboard, telephone, computer, calculator, copier and fax machine.
- Must have manual dexterity to operate the computer and necessary office equipment.
- Must be able to acknowledge, greet and converse in English.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes