Creates a warm and friendly atmosphere for our guests by providing fast, friendly and courteous service while taking orders and serving beverages, picks up empty glasses and returns them to the proper assigned area and assists in the preparation of drink orders as required.
· High school diploma or GED.
· 21 years of age.
· Basic math skills including ability to count money and present correct change.
· Knowledgeable of or ability to learn guest charge procedures.
· Excellent customer service and communication skills.
· Ability to work at a fast pace in mentally and physically stressful situations.
· Knowledgeable of or ability to learn tray service and cocktail ingredients.
· Available to work nights, weekends, holidays and overtime.
· Able and willing to read, write, speak and understand English.
Essential Job Functions:
· Player Satisfaction; provide fast, friendly, professional beverage service to casino guests.
· Provide personalized service and use guest name.
· Resolve service problems according to Service Recovery guidelines.
· Serve as ambassador of goodwill while working at customer and public relations functions; may
appear in publicity photos.
· Actively promotes casino events and programs.
· Work closely with Caesars Rewards to promote new card sign ups and relay benefits.
· Supplement tray with extra product to provide immediate or interim guest satisfaction.
· Monitor guest consumption of alcohol and intervene as needed according to Responsible Alcohol
Management training and property guidelines.
· Promote guests’ sense of luck on gaming floor by sincerely wishing customers luck and minimizing wait
· Take drink orders, communicate with bartender utilizing the proper calling order, assist in the
preparation of drinks and present drinks to guests.
· Handles money according to departmental procedure.
· Teamwork: Work well with others, including but not limited to, beverage servers, bartenders, bar
backs, beverage supervisors, and beverage managers.
· Work Habits: Maintain clean and stocked workstation; clear empty glasses from work station/area.
· Service guests according to the company standard sequence of service.
· Work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
· Work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
· Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodation.
· Able to respond to visual and auditory cues.
· Able to lift and carry up to 20 pounds constantly while gripping necessary items (glasses, pens, pads,
garnishments, money, etc.).
· Able to walk at least 2 miles during shift.
· Able to bend, stoop, and twist when serving cocktails, standing and walking for periods up to 8 hour
shifts wearing one inch (minimum height) heels.
· Able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, high noise levels and bright lights.
· Able to work at a fast pace in often crowded/noisy environment.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes