Coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services, such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies for establishment. Perform statistical, accounting, posting, filing or similar functions in accordance with established methods and procedures for the Purchasing Department.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- A complete working knowledge of AS/400 a plus, as well as Microsoft Office.
- High school diploma or GED with two years of college, or a minimum of 1 year of experience in the procurement field or related experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Orders supplies, obtains quotations, expedites orders, reviews requisitions, confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability and delivery schedule.
- Meets with vendors, coordinates samples, and receives vendor quotations.
- Selects products for purchase by testing, observing or examining items.
- Approves all after-the-fact invoices placed for emergencies or other reasons.
- Ensures product shortages/backorders are communicated and resolved.
- Maintains records required in the operation of the department.
- Determines method of procurement, such as direct purchase or bid.
- Prepares purchase orders or bid requests.
- Adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policy.
- Expedites delivery of goods to users.
- Maintain Bid price changes
- Ability to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Continuously look for process and system improvements.
- Acts as a role model and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah’s and encourages others to do the same.
- Produces Purchase Orders for a wide variety of technical and non-technical items and materials for all departments.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items while working at assigned desk area.
- Must have the manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment, including calculator, PC computers, fax machine and photocopier.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
- Must be able to assess priorities and work under pressure, handling multiple tasks at one time.
- Must be able to respond to visual and oral cues.
- Must be able to work in areas which contain second hand smoke
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes