Server Lead - Oliver's Restaurant
Leads the restaurant’s teammates in all aspects of day to day operations of their shift. Assigns tasks and duties to ensure restaurant operates smoothly. Handles minor guest issues and escalates any concerns to the restaurant Manager.
- Preferred one year previous food service experience.
- Preferred minimum six months experience in money-handling and cash register operations.
- Preferred previous restaurant experience.
- Required excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Required at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance and adhere to uniform standards and safety shoe requirements.
- Acknowledge, greet and converse with restaurant guests.
- Must be able to works a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays. Works a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Essential Job Functions:
- Trains new employees in all aspects of the restaurant.
- Processes cash transactions by accepting money and making necessary change; presents a receipt to the guests.
- Keeps counters, equipment and cart areas clean and well stocked.
- Keeps work area neat, clean and stocked with supplies.
- Maintains open communication with guests and employees.
- Ensures positive guest service while taking appropriate actions to exceed guest expectations.
- Ensures day to day task and duties are completed by employees, escalating any concerns to the supervisor.
- Maintains an awareness of all menu items.
- Relays pertinent information to employees.
- Stays up to date on all promotions/special events.
- Follows regulatory, company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Recognizes employees when appropriate.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to lift and pull up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, crouch, kneel, twist, push, pull and balance when stocking, storing and cleaning assigned areas.
- Must be able to tolerate hot temperatures.
- Must be able to listen and respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke, high noise levels, bright lights and dust.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes