Lead Bartender - Oliver's Restaurant
Responsible for providing friendly, excellent service to every guest and team member. Prepare and pour drinks for Fine Dining guests, servers and cocktail/beverage servers. Responsible for properly stocking product and managing inventory. Assist in training, managing and coaching bar teammates.
- Preferred high school degree or equivalent.
- Required at least 21 years of age.
- Required two years’ experience as a bartender.
- Must have dexterity and capability to learn entertainment pouring (flair pouring).
- Must possess excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance and adhere to uniform standards and safety shoe requirements.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays. Works a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Must be able to get along well with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must be able to participate in on-going training in the beverage field.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Greets and welcomes all guests in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Creates daily pars for stocking of product.
- Assists management inventory all beer, wine and spirits for ordering.
- Prepares and pours all types of drinks for guests, servers and cocktail/beverage servers upon request in a timely manner.
- Provides entertainment for guests through entertainment/flair pouring and conversation.
- Provides guests property information on current events, promotions and attractions.
- Trains, manages and coaches other Bartenders and Bar Porters in a productive and professional manner.
- Processes all cash transactions by accepting money, making necessary change accurately, present customer with bar receipt and complete required paperwork.
- Adheres to departmental and company policies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Simultaneously handles the demands of many customers and waitstaff.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to work in a smoke filled and noisy environment and maneuver through assigned area during entire shift.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to converse over the telephone in an environment with loud background noise.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to stoop, bend and reach.
- Able to use hand motion when preparing and pouring all types of drinks for customers and cocktail servers.
- Able to use hand motion when cleaning and wiping bar counter.
- Able to bend, pull and carry bar stock to refrigerators and cabinets.
- Responds to visual and aural cues.
- Able to operate a variety of restaurant equipment.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes