Reports directly to Slot Shift Supervisor and ensures slot playing guests are kept in play by experiencing the full range of fast and friendly slot service through well maintained machines, efficient change service, and promotion of guest programs and events such as Caesars Rewards and slot tournaments. Supports and acts as a back-up to Slot Supervisors to ensure the casino floor runs smoothly. Responsible for all High Limit cash service needs of our casino guests while maintaining appropriate accountability for inventory. Delivers truly great guest service while performing transactions such as chip redemption, check cashing and credit card cash advance, along with servicing our in-house credit players. Handle NRT disputes.
- Must have at least 1 year of Slot experience with an Annual Rating of Successful or higher.
- Must have knowledge of casino rules, procedures, and regulations pertaining to Slot Operations including Title 31.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Must demonstrate the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Must understand safety issues associated with electrical equipment.
- Must read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Must be willing to serve guests from a variety of backgrounds.
- Must have strong interpersonal and guest service skills.
- Able to lead co-workers by example in guest relations and job functions.
- Able to perform all aspects of slot host duties at a highly proficient level.
- Must have basic data entry and computer skills.
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends, holidays and work overtime.
- Must possess the manual dexterity and coordination to operate equipment (e.g., enter data into computer, 10keys, operate a calculator, etc.) and to handle currency, coin, chips, keys, and buttons.
Essential Job Functions:
- Guest Service: Actively patrols assigned sections looking for opportunities to surprise and delight guests. Sincerely greets, welcomes and introduces self to all guests; uses guest name to create a personalized service experience; maintains the perception of luck, celebrates the win, offers a warm farewell and adds to the entertainment experience. Completes paper fills and jackpot payouts promptly, accurately and with a high degree of personalized service while building relationships with guests. Consistently demonstrates a positive and upbeat attitude. Completes verification paperwork for jackpot payouts up to $24,999.99. Partners with other departments to execute slot transactions. Offers assistance to slot playing guests and explains features of slot machines. Able to resolve guest disputes and clearly communicates functionality of Fast Cash (ticket in/ticket out) technology. Manages a large number and variety of slot machines played by guests according to policy and their level of play. Responds immediately to all requests for service (e.g., slot dispatch, slot candle lights, radio, guests) while meeting or exceeding department service standards. Exchanges coupons and currency for guests in compliance with procedures. Resolves guest complaints using Service Recovery with a sense of urgency and empathy with approved levels of authority (e.g., change service, incorrect change, securing drink service, etc.). Keeps slot areas clean, secure, and well maintained. Keeps delays to a minimum by ensuring we have the right people in the right place at the right time. Takes initiative to meet the varying needs of our guests and has an awareness of where guests are located in a particular section.
- Slot Machine Service: Determines machine malfunction and identifies appropriate action. Corrects minor machine malfunctions (e.g., printer errors, bill validators, slot light repairs, (minor machine repairs) etc.) and/or partners with Slot Performance when appropriate. Validates and authorizes short pays under $100. Ensures slot machines are ready for play (e.g., basic machine maintenance). Participates in slot machine upgrades and implementing new initiatives. Handle NRT disputes.
- Money Handling, Regulatory Compliance: Performs money-handling transactions such as paying jackpots, making change, and Fast Cash Tickets. Must be willing to learn, understand and adhere to all Title 31 requirements for reporting, record keeping and cash handling procedures for MIL’s, MTL’s, CTR’s and SARC’s.
- Record Maintenance/Processing: Accepts and assists with guest completion of check cashing applications. Records information regarding transactions on reports and forms. Maintains internal controls with reports describing errors and discrepancies. Completes required Title 31 entries to Monetary Instrument Log and Multiple Transaction Log. Collects and records required guest information for completion of Currency Transaction Reports.
- Additional Responsibilities may be required such as: Activates players. Processes Reel Rewards issues and other approved functions performed by Cage Cashiering personnel.
Teamwork and Values
- Team Work: Works and communicates well within department as well as with co-workers in other departments. Communicates and participates in team meetings to bring forth ideas about improving processes, guest experiences, and guest interactions. Ensures the casino floor runs smoothly. Adjusts and changes break schedule when needed. Holds employees accountable for returning from breaks on time. Provides support and communicates casino floor issues to Slot Supervisors. Acts as a role model and always present oneself as a credit to Harrah’s and encourage others to do the same. Mentors and motivates slot personnel and provides recognition and verbal coaching as necessary.
- Training: Directly responsible for training new slot employees, providing each with the knowledge and appropriate direction to perform his/her responsibilities.
- Slot Game Integrity & Security: Adheres to regulatory, departmental, and company policies in an ethical manner, including those pertaining to federal and state regulatory laws and guidelines and ensures required gaming licenses are valid and up-to-date. Coordinates with Slot Supervisors and Security to detect and prevent attempts to place guests and employees at risk, compromise the integrity of the slot machines or damage company assets. Properly maintains all issued tools and equipment including proper key control.
- Property Promotions: Promotes and generates new membership into the Caesars Rewards program. Introduces Caesars Rewards to new players by providing guest with information regarding program services and benefits. Communicates specific information about casino events (e.g., slot tournaments, marketing promotions, direct mail) and communicates general information about property events or services (e.g., restaurants, shows, conventions) and directs or personally escorts guests to appropriate sources for more information (e.g., information booths, phone numbers, supervisors, etc.)
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Able to bend, reach, kneel, twist, and grip items to perform basic machine repairs, etc.
- Able to walk and remain standing for a full shift.
- Must maintain professional composure in all situations (e.g., demanding or threatening guest and during periods of high business volume).
- Able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke, high noise levels, bright lights, and dust.
- Able to adjust pace based on guest demands and business volume while consistently meeting or exceeding department service standards.
- Able to respond to visual and auditory cues.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.