Business Process Improvement and Service Manager
The Business and Process Improvement and Service Manager will provide the leadership to drive continuous improvement and customer service initiatives at the property. Furthermore, the Manager shall oversee the creation of reports and will report out to property senior management on all aspects of the Business Process Improvement and Service initiatives. Provides leadership and coordination at the property to all customer satisfaction initiatives. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, planning, managing, and delivering on all Business Process Improvement activities at the property’s revenue/cost centers to ensure that they extract maximum value out of their continuous improvement activities. The Manager will add value by helping to build capability at the property to improve their processes so that their performance continuously improves, and EBITDA benefit targets are met, while maintaining a close and collaborative working relationship with the property senior management team. Further, the Business Process Improvement and Service Manager will serve as a champion for the Service and Sales Culture and drive continuous improvement in these highly measured areas of the property.
- Must have 3 years or more leadership experience in roles reporting directly to property management
- Cross functional and project team experience
- Strong communicator; works collaboratively and maintains positive working relationships
- Able to see the “big picture” (visionary)
- Proactive and objective
- Results oriented and trustworthy
- Works comfortably with all levels of the organization
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversees the plan, management, execution and tracking of all Business and Process Improvement events at the property
- Provides strategic direction and support to the project application of Green Belt & Yellow Belt candidates
- Provides training and strategic advice to property management to ensure they effectively support the Six Sigma program and the projects
- Builds capabilities throughout the property to improve processes, drive efficiencies and create measurable financial returns
- Leads the charge to drive continuous improvement by focusing on projects which will have the greatest impact to the property’s performance
- Identifies projects or best practices that can be replicated for deployment at other properties
- Maintains close relationships with the property senior management team to drive support, buy-in, and promote transparency as to operational needs
- Proactively identifies and works to remove barriers that slow or prevent the successful attainment of Continuous Improvement goals & objectives
- Serves as a champion for the Service and Sales Culture and drives continuous improvement in these areas
- Champions, within the property, a commitment to honesty, integrity, and responsible behavior
- Leads an organization with methods and actions that are ethical and in full compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Company policies
- Identifies compliance risks and take actions necessary to eliminate or minimize risks
- Creates a compliance culture within the property and fosters an environment where employees feel comfortable reporting potential violations or misconduct
- Provides leadership and coordination at the property to all customer satisfaction initiatives.
- Oversees the tracking, reporting and follow-up to service breakdowns.
- Provides the property focal point for the implementation of service initiatives.
- Manages flow, analysis, integration and utilization of InMoment and Total Service data at the property.
- Supports property department heads in interpretation of measurement results and action planning for improvement.
- Acts always as a customer champion and become a catalyst for process and policy changes at the property that will improve customer satisfaction levels.
- Organizes and leads property teams to carry out customer satisfaction projects
- Has a working knowledge of all Customer Service operations.
- Provides appropriate recognition and rewards to individuals and groups for superior service performance.
- Works as a change agent to improve and streamline department operations, through the continuous assessment of policies and procedures, work processes and program effectiveness and value.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to work inside and continuously maneuver around office area and throughout the hotel/casino property.
- Must be able to bend, crouch, kneel, twist, lift and work at a desk when performing secretarial functions.
- Must be able to operate a computer, telephone, and calculator, photocopy machine, fax machine, scanner and other equipment as necessary.
- Must be able to type, write and read various reports.
- Must be able to walk and be on feet for long periods of time.
- Must have a sense of urgency and keep up with fast paced business practices.
- Must be able to work in stressful situations. Must possess basic math skills.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing second-hand smoke.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes