Security EMT - FTO
To provide superior service to guests by seeking opportunities to be of service, maintaining highly visible patrols to ensure a safe gaming experience, and assuring quality support to other departments so they may serve guests more effectively. With the assistance of department Leads and Supervisors, identifies training requirements and develops training modules and schedules training sessions for security staff. This position also is responsible for training of new hires.
- Required high school diploma or equivalent, and, one-year experience in a position with direct guest contact.
- Required current State of California EMT Certification.
- Required ability to successfully complete the Security Service Officer Documentation Assessment.
- Required a valid California Driver’s License with no suspensions, DUI or more than 2 moving vehicle violations within the last 3 years.
- Must be able to work any day of the week and any shift.
- Must possess excellent customer and employee relations skills and be able to get along with co-workers working as a team.
- Must be able to make rational decisions when handling guest and employee issues.
- Must be able to give court testimony when necessary and write detailed reports.
- Must be able to see and remember the specific details of incidents and persons.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs all essential functions of a Security Officer.
- Compiles and maintains all security EMT reports and ensures the timely filing, tracking and management of such reports.
- Identifies EMT training requirements and evaluates existing programs to develop or modify those programs ensuring departmental employees receive adequate training to uniformly and consistently comply with all systems, policies, and procedures.
- Conducts training for new hire Security Officers-EMT.
- Develops curriculum, schedules employees, and conducts on-going EMT training to ensure effective coordination and facilitation of all training sessions.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands
- Must be able to work and stand inside and/or outside, sometimes in heat in excess of 115 degrees or cold as low as 10 degrees.
- Must be able to stand, sit, or walk the entire working shift.
- Must be able to physically restrain adults who weight more than 200 pounds.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 60 pounds.
- Must be able to push or pull up to 150 pounds.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, jump, twist, crouch, grip, carry heavy loads, and maneuver quickly on level surfaces, as well as, up and down stairs.
- Must be able to respond calmly in crisis and stressful situations.
- Responds to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes