TEAMMATE RELATIONS SPECIALIST
DEPARTMENT: HUMAN RESOURCES
REPORTS TO: HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
Your role is to deliver truly great service to Teammates and Operational Leaders in a warm and friendly manner. Create and maintain a fair and positive work environment as you work through teammate relations issues and assist in building company culture. As a member of the Human Resources team, you must maintain confidentiality and adhere to all non-gaming and gaming regulations.
· Required high school diploma or equivalent.
· Required one – two years of experience in employee relations, engagement, training or related adult education experiences and/or related business experiences.
· Required strong organizational skills, data entry, and clerical skills.
· Must know and be able to use various computer systems. Required knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
· Preferred two years experience in Human Resources, and Employee Relations, and/or supervisor.
· Preferred college education.
· Must have knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations regarding employment.
· Excellent communication skills (written & verbal) including both one-on-one and group settings.
· Demonstrated ability to make decisions, be objective, and handle difficult employee issues.
· Strong ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks and projects.
· Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
· Must be able to properly manage confidential information.
· Must have excellent active listening, conflict management and negotiation skills.
· Exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgment in a highly confidential and sensitive environment.
· Must possess a strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership for a wide range of responsibilities.
· Must present a well-groomed professional appearance.
· Maintain an upbeat and positive attitude.
· Ability to speak, read and write Spanish is preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
- Researches and gathers data to respond to federal, state and local agencies (EEOC, DOL, Unemployment).
- Addresses employee concerns, conducts comprehensive investigations and recommends appropriate action based on company policy and procedure and state and federal employment laws. Follows up with departments to ensure compliance.
- Provides data, analysis and recommendations on employee satisfaction and retention measures.
- Spearheads, champions and monitors employee engagement activities including closed-loop communication processes, exit interviews, EOS/SFS administration and improvement planning.
- Assists and provides counseling to employees and management; discusses possible actions to be taken to ensure improvement in department and to positively impact turnover.
- Provides counsel to employees and all levels of management on company policies and procedures.
- Organizes and executes departmental climate surveys/focus groups/round tables and provides analysis and appropriate recommendations to management.
- Executes activities for the employee grievance process, including the Board of Review.
- Coordinates annual employee feedback survey including quarterly follow up for the purposes of identifying strengths and opportunities. Help departments and supervisors to evaluate and analyze data providing recommendations and support.
- Responsible for planning and execution of employee relations, recognition and engagement activities.
- Responsible for conducting, monitoring and tracking of performance management efforts.
- Administers the employee HEART Fund process.
- Manage budget (s) to support property and corporate engagement initiatives.
- Organizes work and inputs data accurately into various systems.
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah’s and encourages others to do the same. Develops relationships with all levels of employees.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Properly uses, cares for and maintains company equipment, computers, supplies, etc.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies in an ethical manner.
- Develops, coordinates, manages, and maintains departmental benefits & total wellbeing programming to reduce health risk, medical costs and encourage healthy lifestyles.
- Works with HR Partners to administer departmental benefit programs, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, Life and LTD; answers employee questions regarding benefits and wellbeing program.
- Manages and tracks escalated departmental leave of absences issues.
- Supports all functions of Human Resources as needed and performs other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to facilitate in a normal administrative environment.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and carry up to 5 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items while working at assigned desk area.
- Must have the manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment, including a phone, pc computers/laptops, fax machine and photocopier.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
- Must be able to weigh facts and make recommendations that best support culture and goals of the Company.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Instills Trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Drives Vision: Painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action
- Being Resilient: Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.