Part-time Valet Attendant
Parks and retrieves casino guest’s passenger vehicles, while providing excellent guest service with an upbeat and positive attitude.
- Required to have a valid California driver’s license, and driver record with no moving violations or traffic citations in the past 5 years.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, with the ability to express oneself in a professional, clear and concise manner.
- Preferred previous experience as a valet parking attendant/driver.
- Preferred 1-year previous customer service experience, with the ability to provide courteous, friendly and efficient service.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides memorable, personal & professional experience to all guests.
- Tickets and registers all incoming vehicles; records necessary information on valet ticket.
- Validates Caesars Rewards Cards for parking privileges as applicable.
- Follows established protocol for front parking requests.
- Keeps valet lines moving at all times by communicating via radio to Attendants the volume and lanes from which to pull vehicles to park.
- Inspects vehicles and accurately marks pre-existing damage on valet tickets.
- Parks incoming cars safely and efficiently.
- Runs/jogs safely to ensure promptness and urgency at all times.
- Accurately hangs keys in the valet booths.
- Works with automated parking technology proficiently.
- Directs traffic during peak business times.
- Safely returns vehicles to guests.
- Opens car and building doors and attempts to anticipate needs for all guests.
- Provides information about the property and amenities.
- Provides general driving directions to guests.
- Assists with wheel chairs and provides other assistance as needed.
- Clearly communicates with others and uses radios when necessary.
- Receives tickets from departing guest and charges guest appropriately. Rings all sales into point of sale system.
- Makes change for guests as requested.
- Maintains logs and runs reports relative to delivery times, car counts and other parking related information.
- Logs internal issuance including radios, tickets and equipment for valet attendants.
- All team members will follow the Everyone Greets Everyone (EGE) policy. It is the expectation that every team member, front or back of house, should proactively seek out opportunities to greet guests and their fellow team members daily. EGE policy states teams members should: acknowledge guests and fellow team members within 10 feet; initiate friendly verbal greeting within 5 feet; keep your head up, look around (“head on a swivel”); look for opportunities to greet guests and others; please remember that when you are on the floor, you are “on stage”.
- Team members will participate in all mandatory meetings and pre-shift BUZZ sessions.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural ques.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and complies with all state, federal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to work and quickly maneuver inside and outside, sometimes in temperatures in excess of 115 degrees and as cold as 10 degrees.
- Must be able to run for extended periods on all types of surfaces, as well as, up and down stairs.
- Must be able to drive all types of passenger vehicles with automatic or manual transmissions in a safe fashion.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.