Human Resources Recruiter
Coordinates internal and external recruitment efforts including reviewing open requisitions.
- Required Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Administration or equivalent.
- Required minimum 3-5 years’ experience in Human Resources or recruitment/external search experience.
- Required previous external recruitment experience (e.g., job fairs, college and community relations and placement.)
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have project management skills, and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Must have excellent presentation skills.
- Must have excellent technical skills (proficiency in Word, Excel, Windows required, software 2000, Print Shop, Power Point preferred.)
- Preferred general knowledge and previous benefits experience (ESPP, S&RP and insurance).
- Preferred supervisory experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinates internal and external recruitment efforts including reviewing open requisitions.
- Develops communication for recruitment.
- Conducts interviews for exempt and non-exempt positions and makes recommendations to hiring supervisors and managers accordingly.
- Trains new supervisors/managers on proper hiring/interviewing procedures and process.
- Assists in educating our external network and community members on job openings and requirements.
- Assists in the review of request for transfers and applications to ensure both meet requirements of job desired.
- Places job advertisements as necessary.
- Coordinates posting through local and corporate avenues.
- Assists in orderly filing of applications and necessary purging.
- Responds to all employee and applicant inquiries in a courteous and professional manner, within 24 hours of receiving the call.
- Attends public speaking engagements as necessary.
- Oversees the ordering and storing of new hire supplies.
- Responsible for project management, establishing and meeting timelines, attention to detail and to follow-through.
- Assists in budget development.
- Acts as a role model and presents oneself as a credit to Harrah’s and encourages others to do the same.
- Works closely with department managers to identify unique and specific staffing needs and scheduling considerations ensuring maximum productivity and employee satisfaction.
- Spends the majority of time interviewing, training, and selecting employees.
- All team members will follow the Everyone Greets Everyone (EGE) policy. It is the expectation that every team member, front or back of house, should proactively seek out opportunities to greet guests and their fellow team members daily. EGE policy states teams members should: acknowledge guests and fellow team members within 10 feet; initiate friendly verbal greeting within 5 feet; keep your head up, look around (“head on a swivel”); look for opportunities to greet guests and others; please remember that when you are on the floor, you are “on stage”.
- Team members will participate in all mandatory meetings and pre-shift BUZZ sessions.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural ques.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and complies with all state, federal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds and carry up to 5 pounds.
- Must have the manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment, including a phone, PC computers, fax machine and photo copier.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.