NOTE: This position requires a valid California driver’s license, and driver record with no moving violations or traffic citations in the past 5 years.
Oversees the valet parking attendants and booth attendants. Parks and retrieves casino guest’s passenger vehicles, while providing excellent guest service.
- Required to have a valid California driver’s license, and driver record with no moving violations or traffic citations in the past 5 years.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, with the ability to express oneself in a professional, clear and concise manner.
- Preferred previous experience as a valet parking attendant/driver.
- Preferred 1-year previous customer service experience, with the ability to provide courteous, friendly and efficient service.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for coordinating breaks, ensuring that training and training follow-up is accomplished, handles guest complaints, gives out praise, and coaches employees.
- Ensures the proper running of the department and that all service standards are being met.
- Monitors friendliness and urgency of staff. Provides guidance and reminders to implement policies and procedures.
- Provides feedback on performance, including positive behavior as well as infractions/concerns to supervisors.
- Monitors staffing and delivery times to provide observations and suggestions to supervisors.
- Follows daily schedule to ensure that all employees are clocking in and out as scheduled.
- Drives and parks cars to designated area of Harrah’s parking lot.
- Safely returns any cars from the valet parking area back to customers.
- Serves as attendant, cashier and assists other operations as needed.
- Directs traffic, monitors flow of parking and response times.
- Responds to guest needs or concerns. Writes incident reports as needed.
- When serving as a valet attendant: accepts cars, writes tickets, manages key control, returns cars safely and promptly, runs/jogs always to ensure promptness, urgency and to role model for others, runs point of sale system, charges guests accurately, tenders payments, manages the automated parking system, calls for retrievals, runs reports, checks coats and bags as needed.
- Sets high personal standards for performance and encourages others to do the same.
- Implements initiatives to improve the employee experience and employee opinion ratings.
- All team members will follow the Everyone Greets Everyone (EGE) policy. It is the expectation that every team member, front or back of house, should proactively seek out opportunities to greet guests and their fellow team members daily. EGE policy states teams members should: acknowledge guests and fellow team members within 10 feet; initiate friendly verbal greeting within 5 feet; keep your head up, look around (“head on a swivel”); look for opportunities to greet guests and others; please remember that when you are on the floor, you are “on stage”.
- Team members will participate in all mandatory meetings and pre-shift BUZZ sessions.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural ques.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and complies with all state, federal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to work and quickly maneuver inside and outside, sometimes in temperatures in excess of 115 degrees and as cold as 10 degrees.
- Must be able to run for extended periods on all types of surfaces, as well as, up and down stairs.
- Must be able to drive all types of passenger vehicles with automatic or manual transmissions in a safe fashion.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.