Provides analytical support for all departments and has primary responsibility for near- and long-term plans for the Harrah’s Northern California property. Designs and prepares ongoing and ad-hoc analytical projects.
- Required proficiency with Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint with ability to train quickly in other software programs.
- Must have excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Must have outstanding math, critical thinking, statistical, financial, and analytical skills.
- Must have the ability to work independently, be detailed and results oriented, have excellent time management skills.
- Must have good understanding of the general makeup of financial statements; familiarity with general financial principles.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree with educational emphasis in Finance/Accounting/Mathematics.
- Preferred minimum 2-years’ analytical experience and 3-5 years in planning and/or finance environment.
- Preferred ability to use Cognos and Hyperion Essbase/SmartView.
- Preferred SQL and VBA experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Analyzes proposed events, promotions and direct mail programs to determine financial justification, follows up with post analysis to measure success, make recommendations to improve based on results achieved.
- Measures and monitors host and other productivity reports.
- Prepares all other financial analysis of revenue, marketing or cost programs to determine economic feasibility and advise management on recommendations.
- Prepares and analyzes property budgets including capital, strategic and operational plans.
- Maintains files & assists in analysis of statistical, financial and economic data.
- Reports on business conditions and identifies trends in the gaming and recreation industries.
- Prepares operating and marketing reviews for operation’s management.
- Designs forecasting models and reports specifying results.
- Designs and implements systems to quantify the incremental impact of casino activities.
- Leads and recommends analysis of other projects including research of cost savings associated with a project and financial calculations as well as presentation of the data used by management to make determinations.
- Utilizes Division and Corporate resources to conduct/confirm research and provide insightful direction and/or actionable findings.
- Prepares new analysis from largely theoretical ideas including several scenarios.
- Plays a vital role in supporting tactical and strategic decision making by senior management.
- Produces written reports on his/her analysis, and from time to time, gives oral presentations on findings to property senior management.
- Interprets data into meaningful and relevant reports with recommendations.
- Participates actively in the team by volunteering and being involved in projects, committees, and task forces, and provides input and suggestions. Contributes to the improvement of the business with ideas.
- Facilitates change efforts within the department and the casino.
- Works with other departments for the overall good of the casino.
- Proactively addresses incidents and issues ensuring resolution with employees.
- Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences.
- Constructs forecasts, recommendations and strategic/tactical plans based on business data and market knowledge.
- Adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies in an ethical manner.
- All team members will follow the Everyone Greets Everyone (EGE) policy. It is the expectation that every team member, front or back of house, should proactively seek out opportunities to greet guests and their fellow team members daily. EGE policy states teams members should: acknowledge guests and fellow team members within 10 feet; initiate friendly verbal greeting within 5 feet; keep your head up, look around (“head on a swivel”); look for opportunities to greet guests and others; please remember that when you are on the floor, you are “on stage”.
- Team members will participate in all mandatory meetings and pre-shift BUZZ sessions.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural ques.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and complies with all state, federal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to maneuver around all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to work on the computer for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work in an office environment.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to use standard office equipment including but not limited to computer, keyboard, mouse, copy machine, printer and facsimile.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, pull and push up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.