Server Assistant-Louie Oliver's
Provides fast, friendly and efficient service to every guest, every time, while cleaning and setting up restaurant tables. Assists Louie Oliver’s servers with food service, refills, and guest’s request as needed.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess a pleasant personality.
- Must be physically strong and able to balance a service tray on shoulder.
- Preferred previous food or beverage restaurant service experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supplies the dining room and individual guest tables with clean china, silver, glassware, utensils, condiments, and paper supplies as needed.
- Cleans and resets tables in a timely fashion.
- Removes dirty dishes, soiled linen, glassware and silver from table and counter tops, then carries items back to the dishwashing area.
- Refills water glasses and coffee cups as required.
- Assists food servers in carrying order to the tables.
- Replenishes butter, condiments, coffee, tea and refrigerated items used in the dining room.
- Makes coffee when necessary.
- All team members will follow the Everyone Greets Everyone (EGE) policy. It is the expectation that every team member, front or back of house, should proactively seek out opportunities to greet guests and their fellow team members daily. EGE policy states teams members should: acknowledge guests and fellow team members within 10 feet; initiate friendly verbal greeting within 5 feet; keep your head up, look around (“head on a swivel”); look for opportunities to greet guests and others; please remember that when you are on the floor, you are “on stage”.
- Team members will participate in all mandatory meetings and pre-shift BUZZ sessions.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural ques.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and complies with all state, federal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to work and maneuver in a close or small working environment during entire shift.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of assigned restaurant throughout entire shift.
- Must be able to lift trays with food above shoulder level.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to push carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to use proper team lifting and carrying techniques.
- Must be able to reach, bend and stoop as necessary.
- Must possess the manual dexterity to complete required “side work”.
- Must be able to tolerate hot temperatures when in kitchen areas.
- Must be able to respond calmly and handle many guest demands in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.